Friday, July 3, 2009

Hiking and Sewing


This morning we went to hike with some friends on Paris mountain and I
actually remembered my camera, so here are some pictures from our hike.

In the woods.

Me, reading at the amphitheater.

Crossing a thin, log bridge.

Playing in the creek.

A shrimp Jared found in the creek.

The fattest Caterpillar I have ever seen.
A spider's web.

After we got home I decided to do a project which I had been wanting to do for a LONG time,
but had never gotten around to making. It is impossible to find modest swimsuits at stores, but 2 years ago I ran across a pattern that was modest and yet worked for swimming.
I showed the picture to a lady at our church who made it for me without the pattern.
Well, I outgrew the one she made so she showed me how to cut it out so that I could make it.

The suit comes to my knees and has a pair of detached pants under.
I added the darts to the bodice and put butterfly sleeves instead of the normal kind.
I also made a a suit for Victoria which fits her pretty well.
I hope you all have a blessed 4th of July.

No comments: